eNeRGy Kidz Mask and COVID Exposure Policies
Our top priority in all decisions is the health, safety, and well-being of our students, their families and our employees of eNeRGy Kidz. To minimize the spread of COVID-19, eNeRGy Kidz has the following measures in place to continue to provide everyone with a fun, safe and protected learning environment within our facility.
At this time, our facility requires anyone entering the building must wear a mask, regardless of their vaccination status.
- Anyone in our program 3 years or older must keep a mask on during classes and activities.
- Staff will allow students to have a mask break during class, but during this period strict social distance guidelines must be adhered to.
- Students will be allowed to remove their mask and/or pull down a mask during activities that having the mask over the nose and mouth would create a safety factor. However, while they have their mask down or off, social distancing must be maintained at all times. (This means that a child maybe required or asked to move away from the group, etc) After the skill or series of skills are completed, we are asking that mask pulled back up over the nose and mouth:
- Examples would included by not limited to:
- Sustain vigorous activity for an extended period of time such as strength and conditioning
- Advanced tumbling series or trampoline skills
- Advanced gymnastics skills and series
- Examples would included by not limited to:
Please understand that this is not a decision that we took lightly, but is a decision we made trying to do everything that we can to allow our students to be in a FUN, SAFE and PROTECTED environment for a sustainable amount of time. We are confident that full compliance will allow students to participate in our programs safely while also keeping them from being jeopardized by COVID. We want to keep our business open all year long. Therefore, every child is required to wear a face mask while participating in any of our programs. We will ensure to give each child the mask breaks as they need and also not require them during strenuous activities. Please remember, our number one goal is to protect your children and our staff. We know masks are not always comfortable, but we fully believe that they help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will be happy to cancel or refund any unused tuition if you or your child is not able to abide by the mask mandate.
Stay home when sick
All students should be monitored before coming to class each day. You may not enter eNeRGy Kidz’s facility if you are:
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days and not fully vaccinated
- Have taken a test and waiting on results
- Instructed to quarantine
- Sick or experiencing any of these symptoms of illness
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
CDC Guidelines for Quarantine
Quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, unless you have been fully vaccinated. People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.
What to do
- Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19.
- Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- If possible, stay away from people you live with, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19.
- Watch for symptoms until 14 days after exposure.
- If you have symptoms, immediately self-isolate and contact your local public health authority or healthcare provider.
North Carolinians age 12 and over are eligible for COVID-19 vaccines. Visit YourSpotYourShot.nc.gov for more information and to find a free vaccination site in your area.
What to do if my child has symptoms, been exposed or is being tested for COVID?
If your child or someone in your direct family has potentially been exposed, experiencing symptoms or awaiting test results, please DO NOT bring them or siblings to class. Please see our flowchart to determine when you can return to eNeRGy Kidz.